In this article, we will discuss the easy and simple method to create virtual classroom and its advantages for students and teachers. Also, there is top 3 software for virtual Classroom based on research and customer reviews.
What Do You Mean by Virtual Classroom?
Virtual classrooms are not new; these have been in use since 1976. But COVID-19 pandemic has increased the interest in virtual classrooms. Virtual classrooms have become an essential source of learning because they are easily accessible. Also, the cost of education is less with virtual teaching software.
Nowadays, virtual class software is digital learning environment. This software allows the teachers and students to interact from different areas. Although, these help the teachers and students to log in quickly at the same time and can provide study materials easily and on time. Virtual teaching software is more than just an online video chat application. Moreover, it allows students and teachers to see each other and can ask questions to each other.
Top Features and Characteristics of a Virtual Classroom
Virtual classrooms have many different characteristics that distinguish them from real classrooms. Some of them are:
1. Asynchronous learning
In a virtual teaching class, professors and students log in when it is convenient for them. Teachers provide some assignments to students for completion every week. Students carefully study all the readings, review video lectures, and complete their projects.
2. Message Boards
In online classes, the host will have a message board where students and the teachers ask their questions to each other.
3. Video Conferencing and Recorded Lectures
Professors give a video lecture during each week’s coursework. Some teachers may also set a time for the class to meet via video conference to discuss the assignments and ask questions. In video classrooms, students can directly speak to their professors and classmates. Some professors will record the meetings and upload the video into the course folder for future reference.
How to Create Virtual Classroom?
As a teacher, setting up a virtual classroom involves preparing both the physical environment and the online space from which you conduct the class. Does the question arise about how to set up an online classroom? For an online class setup, you must ensure that both parties manage these appropriately.
- Firstly, you must ensure your physical environment is ready for teaching. You must check what will be in your frame while recording or holding a live class. Also, you have to ensure that there will be no disturbances during the course.
- Next, test your equipment properly. You will check the ability of your equipment to connect with the virtual classroom. Also, you will feel confident in explaining the information to your students.
- Similarly, you can allow your students to test their equipment for online learning. It will help them run their virtual class software and feel supported.
- Teachers should have adjusted the syllabus to take full advantage of virtual classrooms. It will help you to interact easily with the students, and you can answer their questions on time.
- Suppose you want to prepare your virtual space with pre-recorded video, readings, assignments, and more for quick learning. You have to make sure that all these are updated on time. Also, you can share them with the students for future reference.
- Also, establish a grading metric that considers the virtual classroom for proper discussion. So that students can easily understand everything about the matter.
- Moreover, you can explore analytics to support your students by checking their progress. Virtual teaching software helps you to be informative and educational.
Advantages of Virtual Classroom for students
- Online teaching supports asynchronous learning. It helps non-traditional students manage work and family obligations at the same time.
- If the student is ill, he can also cover up his coursework.
- Virtual classroom setup is an easy task. A wide range of learning styles is available.
- Location and distance do not matter during online classes.
- A wide range of viewpoints is available to students, and it increases student diversity as well goog way to stable improve mental health.
- Virtual classrooms encourage collaboration, which allows students to be more engaged in class.
Advantages of the virtual classroom for teachers
- Online classrooms allow teachers to use already lectures, allowing time allocation for discussion. Also, teachers can answer students’ questions on time.
- It helps the teachers to maintain their regular class schedule even during health issues.
- There is an increment in the number of student enrollment and audience.
- Also, online teaching helps teachers with different key issues of traditional teaching methods.
Top 3 Software Used for Virtual Classrooms
There is different software used for online teaching and employee training. You can choose any one from them according to the requirements. The top 3 software used for virtual classrooms is as follows.
1. Electa Live
Electa Live is one of the best online class platforms. Teachers can provide online courses by using this software and can organise the online live classes. It will allow hosting, attending, and interacting with the students online. Also, it supports clear audio and video during live classes.
Features of Electa Live Software:
- The screen sharing option is available to the host of the meeting.
- It is easy to use.
- Whiteboards are also available for a clear understanding of the concepts.
- It does not require any installation.
- The software can be changed easily according to the customer’s needs.
2. ProProfs Virtual Classroom
ProProfs virtual classroom software is an easy way for online learning. You can provide online training and education to the employees and students.
Features of ProProfs Software:
- You can create multiple classrooms and groups.
- Everything is available on a single dashboard.
- Different courses and templates are available in the premium library.
- Some built-in assessment software is accessible.
- It supports various languages.
3. Blackboard Collaborate
Blackboard Collaborate is the first virtual classroom that helps students and educators to connect online for study. It is software where brainstorming sessions are conducted, and learners can participate.
Features of Blackboard Software:
- During learning, students feel less isolated.
- A free demo is available before subscribing to the software.
- It is a secure platform for global connectivity.